Peranakan Heritage Tour with Peranakan Tile Painting
SingapoRediscovers Vouchers to be applied at checkout page. Please note that bookings involving the use of SingapoRediscovers Vouchers are non-refundable and non-resellable.
Please note that bookings involving the use of SingapoRediscovers Vouchers are non-refundable and non-resellable.
- 10.00am: Go on a walking tour of the area known for its Peranakan heritage.
Stop at notable sites like the Church of the Holy Family, Rumah Bebe, Kim Choo Kueh Chang, the former Joo Chiat Maternal & Child Health Clinic and Joo Chiat Community Club before arriving at Koon Seng Road.
Admire the rows of colorful, traditional Peranakan houses dating back to the 1920s and 1930s along Koon Seng Road.
- 11.20am: Refreshment break of Nyonya Kueh at Old Bibik’s Peranakan Kitchen.
- 11.45am: *Head for the Peranakan Tiles Gallery for our next activity.
- 12.10pm: *At the Peranakan Tiles Gallery, learn about Peranakan tiles that can be found on shophouses in some of Singapore's historic neighbourhoods like Keong Saik, Bukit Pasoh and Katong-Joo Chiat. Paint your own mini Peranakan tile replica at the gallery.
- 1.15pm: **Hop onto our coach for a short ride to the True Blue Space.
- 1.30pm: **Go on a guided tour of the True Blue Gallery. Admire fine antique crockery and hand-crafted antique dining furniture.
- 1.45pm: **Enjoy an authentic Peranakan lunch at the True Blue Café.
- 2.30pm: End of tour.
* For weekend tours (Sat-Sun), the visit to the Peranakan Tile Gallery will be replaced by a visit to the Peranakan Gallery of The Peranakan Restaurant at Claymore Connect. The Tile painting activity will be conducted at The Peranakan Restaurant. Lunch will be at The Peranakan Restaurant.
** For weekend tours (Sat-Sun), the tour of the True Blue Gallery will be replaced by a visit to the Heritage Gallery at Rumah Kim Choo.