Learn about the global plastic pollution crisis through more than 70 powerful photographs and videos in an exhibition by National Geographic.
From the Arctic to the Antarctic, plastic waste is everywhere. Planet or Plastic?, ArtScience Museum’s first exhibition to launch since re-opening after Singapore’s circuit-breaker, shines a spotlight on the fragility of the natural environment as a result of the global plastic waste crisis. The exhibition endeavours to raise awareness of society’s dependence on plastic by visually depicting the crisis and highlighting the innovative individuals and communities who are working on solutions to this urgent problem.
Featuring the work of researchers, scientists and artists, the exhibition traces the history of plastic from its invention in the mid-1800s to present day where, seemingly everything is made of plastic. Planet or Plastic? explores the plastic pollution of our world’s oceans and uncovers how untold numbers of marine animals die each year from ingesting microplastics. The exhibition uses photographs as a means of making this urgent issue strikingly real.
Planet or Plastic? provides practical steps we can take to responsibly reduce, reuse, recycle, and refuse single-use plastic products.
Terms & Conditions
Please note that bookings involving the use of SingapoRediscovers Vouchers are non-refundable and non-resellable.
- Ticket is valid until 28 March 2021
- SRV tickets to Planet or Plastic? can be purchased from 1 December 2020 to 28 March 2021.
- SRV tickets to Planet or Plastic? are valid daily (excluding Public Holidays).
- SRV tickets to Planet or Plastic? are only valid for redemption on the selected date of visit.
- Child ticket is valid for individuals aged 2 to 17 years old.
- Tickets may not be re-sold or re-distributed.
- No refund or exchange on unused tickets.
- Not applicable with other offers and promotions.
- Marina Bay Sands reserves the right to deny entry to visitors suspected of breach of Terms & Conditions of sale and entry.
- Marina Bay Sands reserves the right to make changes and modifications to the promotion without prior notice.
- Other Museum T&Cs apply